Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween Stocking FMS7







It has been a yucky day here in Kentucky temperatures are falling and it has been raining all day. The Weather Channel is predicting a high tomorrow of only 47...YIKES I am not ready for it to be that cold. I came straight home from work and made some cards to brighten my day and help me try to forget that I will be freezing tomorrow lol.

My oldest daughter LOVES Tim Burton films and her favorite is Nightmare before Christmas. When I checked out Rita Wright’s adorable Stocking Christmas card at Freshly Made Sketches I got the idea to try a Halloween stocking in honor of Jack Skellington. I totally cased her card. I used Martha Stewart’s goop punch for the top of the stocking and everything else used on this card is SU. I usually like to make a couple of cards with each sketch challenge I try. On the second card I made for this challenge I used CTMH set Thriller and a CTMH purple jewel for the eye on the skull. The Halloween ribbon is from Michael’s, pattern paper, cardstock and ink are SU. I still have many more Halloween cards to make before next weekend so I will be busy busy in my craft room. Thanks for stopping by!!

12 comments:

Jen Timko said...

This is what I love about a sketch challenge! Two totally different cards!! Both are awesome. The Halloween version of the stocking is great and I really love the skull with the purple eye and the words for the sketch's trio. So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Love both versions! Great Hallowen cards! Love the goopy stocking :)

Arli Rhew said...

the halloween stocking is definitely adorable! i never would have thought of that. also i loved the embossed paper.

Rita W said...

Kelli, these are both awesome! I love how different they are, but still capture the sketch. Great job! I appreciate the link back too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! Two cards and both awesome! I'm a big fan of scary Halloween skulls (weird, I know) and this one is fabulous. I love how you used a jewel brad for one eye! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Deb Hickman said...

Fabulous Halloween cards, love both but really like the skull stamp.xxx

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... great cards, love the Halloween theme ... how cool is that skull stamp with the jeweled eye ... great job!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Lesley said...

Fabulous idea! SO much fun! Thanks for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OH wow, how FUN!!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

Such fabulous Halloween cards, Kelli! Thanks for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches!

Cindy Hall said...

Wow! Both are such great cards! That stocking is so clever! Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches!

iamcrystal said...

I must say that both cards are fabulous! I hope I am as creative as you. Please continue being so artistic! Keep it up! :)